Tuesday 16 July 2013

New Shed Upd8

Well a little more work done on the shed, mainly floor boarding between and either side of the track (we don't want anyone tripping over sleepers in the dark?). If it were too symmetrical it would not look real...That's my excuse and I'm sticking too it! The color is formed with matt black and after a minute or so just wipe off with kitchen roll leaving the detail showing.
 The Stone work.
                      Basically two colors.... Woodlands scenic Stone Gray C1218 brushing all over taking care to not totally obliterating  the white mortar then after a spray with Matt varnish, I mix the Stone Gray and Humbrol Matt black to make variable shade of stone, Then a spay of Matt vanish again. when dry I use Matt black and a stiff  bush to give the soot effect.
A view from above, This was my vision of a removable roof to see the loco's inside 
(worth it Me thinks?)
This is the view that makes it all worth while?

No comments:

Post a Comment