Saturday 8 December 2012

New base for builders yard

The builders yard is about five years old, and when I made it I put it on a 3mm mdf base and over the years it has warped and distorted. So I carefully retrieved the building and such with no damage...
          Now I cut a piece of 9mm ply and rolled some das air dry clay and scored out concrete bases, and left to dry.
          Next to do is excavate the baseboard, ensuring room to fit snug

 This how it looked (notice the distorted base)
 Excavating Baseboard.

 Checking the fit...Looks good.
 Concrete base and forming landscape...
 Starting to look good.
 Matches up with the road and the Mill...
 I made some more undergrowth and bushes on the banking.
 Sorry about that, a man having trouble with his dogs...
 Ariel view, looks good?
New bins and fencing...
Life on the layout!
 Happy Hour at The Boars Head!
The Local's grow there five a day!

I don't think he should be doing that in the canal?

2 comments:

  1. Looks real good did you do all the digging with that Mk3 JCB?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, and with a little help from the 1" chisel, Fat Max Stanley knife and a large sanding block...

      Delete