Monday 23 March 2015

Duff Point Motor

Well today I thought I may have a bit of a running session...No such luck.as soon as I started I noticed something a miss with a point and after assessing the problem I thought 'No way am I clearing the layout to replace the point ' so option 2......Old school operation.....Wire in tube and DPDT slide switch.....I cleared the landscape did the deed and all up and working....Now the area will be redeveloped...
Peco code 75 Electrofrog point, replaced tiebar copper clad....The tubing will get covered and the switch will get covered with a small hut or something...


Model Railways are never finnished....The just evolve...


2 comments:

  1. A good work around keeps thing on the move.
    personally I thin point motors are a pain worse things to set-up properly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, plus once the wire and tube is set up the points work better and the slide switches are only copper from fleabay...

      Delete