Tuesday 22 April 2014

Lambton Cab J94

This is my first attempt at brass modeling as such, I think I should have started with something simple (I thought this was) But we all have to learn? It has however turned out better than I thought, although far from perfect. Modeling is a learning curve.

   The far side of the cab does not sit flush to the foot plate. As long as I view it from this side, I don't see it. Next time RT Models is at a show I think I will get another cab fret and with the pit falls from this first effort, I think I can only improve...

  At one point when the cab fell to the floor, I thought of replacing the original cab, but the I thought 'nothing ventured and that'

    The cab looks a bit knocked about after it's fall. You should have seen it when I picked it up!!!

I have got a few nuts of Yorkshire coal to crush and fill the bunker. And then we'll see what next


2 comments: